Here's a video from one of the guys I respect the most in terms of thinking about where independent filmmaking is headed and ways to harness some of the new options moving forward. The video's a little long (clocks in at about 75 minutes), but I particularly found Thomas Mai's discussion of Elance and Mediapeers to be revelatory.
Thomas Mai Presentation ETMA, Strasbourg from Thomas Mai on Vimeo.
It Starts With a Birthstone - 200 Albums for 2026 # 81 Slow Pulp - Melodie
-
Sitting on a big oak tree. Yellow and green. At the age of nineteen. We've
all been there. And perhaps aren't anymore. But that doesn't seem to matter...
3 hours ago

Thank you so much Jeffrey, for the kind words and mention of my video.
ReplyDeleteThomas
Thank you, Thomas, for all your work on explaining the "new world" and how filmmakers should best navigate it. I look forward to continuing to follow all your great work!
ReplyDeleteJeffrey
Such a great work.
ReplyDelete