Friday, April 30, 2010

Favorites Wrap-Up

Favorites Wrap-Up  
Inspired by Dave Hicks over at the tremendous Goodfella's Movie Blog, starting on February 4th I decided to post on my favorite film from each year from 1926-2008.  It's been the most satisfying blogging I've ever done, and I particularly wanted to thank three people who stopped in almost every single day to dialogue with me: Dave Hicks, Sam Juliano, and John Greco.  I can't thank everyone enough who took the time to participate in the countdown.  It's definitely been the highlight of the last several months for me.  


One of the most exciting things about the countdown to me is that it's identified many more films I still want to see.  The list is now a permanent fixture on this blog.  And it's my hope that it will continue to be a source of interaction for you and me.  I will continue filling in the gaps, and each time I see a new film, I will add a short post on it, in red, to its respective year.  I encourage you, as you continue to discover new things, to come back to their respective years and add these films to the conversation, as well.  


To this end, I have added a new column on the right side of my blog, entitled "Recently Watched".  Each time I see something new, I will add it here, along with the short post under its respective year.  I will also continue posting here about my upcoming film, Peril, as well as about any other major moviegoing experiences I have.  


Thank you all for being such great friends of this blog.  You are among the most inspiring cinephiles I have ever met, and I look forward to continuing to follow all your incredible contributions.

8 comments:

  1. It's been an inspiring venture Jeffrey, and a cinematic roller coaster at that in the very best sense. I know all of us will be here checking on your progression with PERIL and your latest movie goings. That's great news about the sidebar too!

    Thanks for this wonderful ride!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Sam. You've been incredibly supportive, and the whole blogosphere is so lucky to have you. You can build community like no one I've ever seen.

    I appreciate everything, Sam!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah Jeffrey this has really been awesome to follow along with! I will definitely be referencing this list of yours for some time to come, as there are so many great films that have been mentioned here I've not yet seen, and as always getting your wonderful thoughts along with each pick was an absolute treat. Thanks for your dedication in doing this list, really just remarkable blogging.

    I look forward to your future blogging endeavors and wish you all of the luck in the world with Peril!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jeffrey, it has been great thrill to follow your countdown. The best part of all this is the interaction between fellow film lovers and the discovery of films to watch. I wish you all the best with "Peril" and will continue to stop by and check up on its progress and other updates.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Drew! It has been so great having you as such an active part of the countdown. I look forward to continuing to follow your excellent work. And I will definitely pop in soon to continue some of the Godard conversation.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, John! You've been unbelievably supportive of the countdown, and I look forward to continuing to fill in my gaps with some of your favorites. I can't tell you how much I appreciate all of your wonderful insights. And I look forward to much more great dialogue in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's been very interesting Jeffrey.

    Thanks and good luck with your projects.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks so much, Stephen! It's been great to have you here. I look forward to continuing to follow your excellent work.

    ReplyDelete