Monday, September 19, 2011

Great first week!

It's been a great first week, wide release for The Last Lullaby.  Lots of online chatter, and people discussing the film in ways that are really satisfying.  Some of the chatter is in places I'd expect (Twitter, etc). Other places are a bit new to me, like Tumblr.

Want to hear some of my favorite discussions, check this out:

Tumblr (http://www.tumblr.com/tagged/the+last+lullaby)















And here are three of my favorite quotes from this past week, two from Twitter and one from Tumblr:

1.   Tasha 
Finished The Last Lullaby. It was intense and, beautiful in a way. I loved its rhythm and its sense of command.

2.   Nicole 
 There's smthng so intriguing about Jack + Sarah, their underlying feelings 4 1 another +the fact they don't act on them :)

3.  And from Tumblr:
"ANONYMOUS ASKED: okay ask you something....I'm assuming you have seen Last Lullaby with Sash, what did you think of it. Honestly. I haven't seen it yet @fanofthearts
Good morning :)
Yes, I watched it and I LOVED it!
But let’s ramble a bit here… This is going to be a long post, I just know it.
At first, when reading about it, I didn’t expect a lot. Because I’m a very picky person when it comes to movies. And it’s usually the case that, when I watch a film just because one of my fave actors/actresses has a part in it, I get bored after 5 minutes and then just fastforward most of the scenes without said persons.
(Damn that was a weird long sentence. It’s early.)
So yes, I wasn’t expecting much.
Then, a couple of weeks ago, I watched the trailer. And I thought “Damn, this looks good”.
And then I watched the movie and I have to say, I was SO impressed!
The tone of it, the scenery, the angst, the SLOWNESS. I think the ‘slowness’ is what makes this movie one of the best I’ve seen in ages.
Here’s a review that I found, that reflects my thoughts and puts them in better words (because English isn’t my native language):
“It isn’t yet another in a seemingly endless spew of pop-culture-referencing, amped-up, martial-arts, dizzyingly-edited action montages masquarading as movies. This is the real deal, a genuine, character-based noir tale that packs a surprising punch. No bells and whistles. No CGI. No explosions. But plenty of mood, atmosphere, emotion and startling, unromanticized violence. And a touch of romance, too. This is a crime movie for adults who don’t have A.D.D” x
And Sasha was just… BRILLIANT!
And I’m not saying it because I’m a fangirl.
So yeah, you should watch it."


Thank you all for the incredible support, for many, many, many years.

Jeffrey

4 comments:

  1. Jeffrey you are an incredible film maker with a lot of talent. You're an inspiration to many of us!! You deserve all of this! Lullaby is totally amazing and I say that for more than just the fact that Sasha is in it (although that's a huge plus)

    You will always have my support for anything you do! Can't wait for Peril!!

    -Darcie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much, Darcie! Your support has been absolutely tremendous, and I'm so fortunate to have you in our corner. I appreciate all your kindness and support.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jeffrey:

    This is fantastic news of course!!

    You all need to party this week. Best wishes for continued success!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much, Sam! This has all been very gratifying. And your support, of course, has been incredible.

    ReplyDelete