Don't get me wrong. I still love to listen to a great album (i.e. Paul's Boutique, Bringing It All Back Home, Maxinquaye) from start to finish. And there are times, in this fragmented world, where I think it's important to throw something cohesive on to glue everything back together for a moment.
But I also love the randomness of the Pandora experience. Here was my morning listening experience, as I logged onto my Radiohead station. These four songs in a row (can find them all on YouTube):
Mazzy Star - Into Dust
Thomas Newman - Any Other Name
Placebo - Hang On To Your IQ
Bill Withers - Ain't No Sunshine When She's Gone
Playlist: Sirius XM’s “Dark Wave” — hosted by Matt Sebastian (9/27/26)
-
This week’s “Dark Wave” featured music by New Order, The Cramps, David
Bowie, The Damned, Boys Next Door, The Sugarcubes, The Sisters of Mercy and
more.
...
13 hours ago

No comments:
Post a Comment