Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Television

For some reason I never grew up watching much television.  And as long as I have been a cinephile, I have known a lot about film and film history but embarrassingly little about cinema's cousin, television.  Fortunately a friend of mine has been on me for the last year or so to beef up on my tv knowledge and about six months ago I finally caved (and am so glad I did).

For the most part I have been watching pilots which I will list in a minute but other than that exercise I have committed to watching the entirety of a few shows.  So far I have completed True Detective and The Wire and am about a quarter of the way now through Breaking Bad.  After BB I plan on watching the rest of Fargo.

Anyway here all of the pilots I have seen in the last six months.  I am finding great pleasure getting to know this space better and cannot wait to keep going deeper and deeper.

Freaks and Geeks
Twin Peaks
Deadwood
The Americans
Masters of Sex
Mad Men
Boardwalk Empire
House of Cards
Homeland
Silicon Valley
Weeds
It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia
24
The Blacklist
Shameless
The Good Wife
Justified
Six Feet Under
True Blood
Entourage
Curb Your Enthusiasm
The Sopranos 
Girls
Modern Family
Sons of Anarchy
Ray Donovan
Carnivale
Californication
The Shield 
Rectify
Friday Night Lights
Lost
The Office
Orange is the New Black
Longmire
Jane the Virgin
Transparent
Dexter
Sonic Highways
Sherlock
The Newsroom
Happy Valley
American Horror Story
The Walking Dead
You're The Worst
Gotham
The Mentalist
Downton Abbey
The Killing
The Knick
Game of Thrones



No comments:

Post a Comment