Monday, November 16, 2009

Fave Albums and Musings on a Lost Pastime

How I miss spending countless hours at the record store. Perusing the aisles, looking at record, then tape, then cd covers. Not sure I've ever found a real suitable replacement for this. They took away my arcade hours in the early nineties and now it seems we've moved past (unless you're in a major city), the requisite record store visit, too.

Well I still love my music, probably as much as my movies. To pay tribute, here are probably my top ten favorite albums at the moment:

Bob Dylan - Bringing It All Back Home
Tricky - Maxinquaye
Massive Attack - Mezzanine
The Smiths - The Smiths
Talk Talk - Laughing Stock
The Beastie Boys - Paul's Boutique
Marvin Gaye - What's Going On
Miles Davis - In A Silent Way
Van Morrison - Astral Weeks
Joy Division - Closer
Wu-Tang Clan - Enter the Wu-Tang (36 Chambers)

What are yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment